Story goes: I have been using them everyworkout for the last three weeks. I started doing squats again, lunges, kettle balls. I still am apprehensive and don't always do the full squat. Well, after documenting mentally each workout and the reaction of my hip the next day, I have found these shoes are kind of amazing for me.
On the way out of the gym one day, an employee stopped me. By his physique you could tell that he lifted. He went on to ask about my shoes, and what I thought of them. He said the previous gym he worked out at, he would lift barefoot. And the reason behind it was to allow your body to work out in a natural state to work muscles that you wouldn't normally work while wearning regular running shoes. Think of a caveman, I guess. Well, I went to explain to him my reasoning for wearing them to help my hip joint. Because of the great success my Dad had wearing them and helping his joints. We came to a conclusion that it all makes sense as why they help the joints, because the muscles you normally wouldn't work around joints are being worked and strengthened which would then result in more protection of the joints. Makes sense to me.
So, this shoe has kind of brought on a bit of enlightenment to my workout regimand. And I am even more excited about pushing myself to new limits. This was the used pair Dad handed down.

I am keeping my fingers crossed to maybe get a new pair of my own for my birthday. It's a lot to ask for, but if I do get them I CAN'T wait to use them!
1 comment:
The toe shoes are so funny looking! That is awesome they are helping so much. Coach Jesse who you met - often works out barefoot too, and if not, wears very minimalist shoes. It's the new thing these days! Just got my semi-minimal shoes and I love them. I'm easing my way to barefoot, though I did do it the other day b/c I forgot to bring my shoes to work. It went totally fine!
Post a Comment