This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Times of Giving in, Times of Strife and a little fish in the sea.

The weekend was possibly a time of giving in, when I ate two nice sized chocolate chip cookies at my sister's graduation and a big fat chocolate icecream cone after dinner on Sunday. But I am counting my times of strife today. Yesterday, I ate healthy all day long, and even denied the icecream after dinner, as I watched everyone else enjoy. I had a great workout on lunch, which my body really feels today. And today. I am going to plug forward. Won't be able to work out today, but will at home tonight with help of my kiddo's. Jonna and Ben are getting really good at sit ups, push ups, and jumping jacks! ;) But, I am beginning to learn options for exercises sometimes are endless. It is actually exciting! What can I learn to do next in challenging my strength and endurance?!

I have lots of pictures to update. From Ben's graduation from Pre-school (Soooo Stinkin Cute) to my youngest sister's graduation from High School! It has been such an eventful last week and half. Jake and I are super busy, but all is well. Grandma and Papa Doug moved in the weekend before last, and it is so wonderful. We try to visit whenver we can, and the kids love it!

And, funny story for the day: We were at Grandma Deena's last night visiting with missionaries from their church. They were sharing with us some scripture, and well, Ben had to use the restroom which was accross the room from the open kitchen and living room. He hasn't learned to shut the door yet, but as he was grunting away, he also decided to sing a little melody for us. "If I were a fish in the sea, I would wiggle my tail with glee. If I were a butterfly, I would spread my wings and fly, If I were a robin in a tree, thank you lord for letting me sing, But most of all, I thank you Father for making me, me!!!" I don't know the words as well as him, he learned this song at school for his graduation. We were trying really hard to concentrate on the words from the missionary, but we couldn't help but all bust a gut, as my innocent little son, age four, did number "two" on the toilet grunting and singing away. We are gonna need to teach him to close the door when at other people's house's.

1 comment:

Crystal Ann said...

That Ben! And I'm trying desperately to avoid the leftover birthday cake someone brought in with inch high buttercream icing!!