This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Sunday, August 29, 2010

Rodeo Days!

So, when I was five year's old. Apparently, I had a pair of red snowpants, that I wore every day, Winter time, all the way thru the August hot sun. Well, at one point my Mom had to take them, hide them, and later when I was older, she told me she actually burned them. She knew if they weren't discarded I would have worn them to shreds.

So this leads to this picture. You betcha I did! Brand spankin new pair of boots. We'll just say it fills that childhood void of my snowpants. And you bet, I will be wearning these skippers till my ripe old age.


THESE BOOTS ARE MADE FOR WALKIN! AND THAT's Just what I'll do!!


So,what is a rodeo, without my spankin brand new red Cowboy boots! And there they are ladies! Whoot! Of Course we had to get Ben a pair too.



Our first Rodeo! Wow! Why have I never made it to a rodeo before. It was very cool. The kids LOVED it!

We went with our friends B and J with their kids. We dressed all up to fit the part!

Looking Good!
Ben and I even had a lesson in roping cattle. Ben was a little shy to try it out, but Mama got right in there.

I snagged the horn!

He was pretty happy after we found some popcorn.

And sportin the bandana!






Ben couldn't get enough. Cowboys riding the bucking broncos, cattle wrestling, cattle roping. And the Clown! He was a riot!

The last part was crazy! They have all of the children in the entire stadium enter the arena, and let several calves loose. They have several peices of duck tape on their backs, and for each piece a child pulled off, they get a dollar. It was madness, chaos, I have never seen anything like it. Kids were trampled by kids, Calves were trampled by kids, and the kids were trampled by the calves!

It was a Holee family first, but it won't be the last!

4 comments:

Crystal Ann said...

Where's Jonna and her cowgirl boots?!! I love your boots too, where'd you get them?

Maria said...

No cowgirl boots quite yet for Ms. Jonna, but we do have a cute pair of brown tall boots, she wore to the parade that day! Mama and Jonna were sporting our mini skirts and boots, lookin real cute!

Tiffany said...

Too cute...and funny because we went there on Friday night for the first time too!! We however, were not quite as stylish...wearing our flipflops and shorts! Jaxon did have his cowboy hat though (with his camo shorts and flipflops...needless to say he got some laughs!) We had a great time too. Love your boots!

Debbie said...

Jaxon was in the arena with all of the kids and the calves running around. He didn't get a piece of duct tape but he did, somehow, come out with a dollar!