This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Tuesday, July 27, 2010

On a roll

Four days in a row....No er visits. Whoot!

So, yesterday, we went to Burn Clinic for check up on Ben's hand. They ended up debreding it, which should have been done at the ER, but that's okay. He was such a big boy, and even watched them as they cut it off. He did great till the last part, when the dead skin was close to the healing skin, it got a little painful. They put some Duoderm (very awesome fake skin) and they said the "second degree burn" is doing well. Yes, second degree burn. That is what Jake and I thought initially, but well as I mentioned before the ER attending and residents didn't listen. Whatever. I said I would be done with venting. Jake actually was able to call the attending physician and express concerns that they need to learn to treat the overall patient, and our son should not have had to experience the amount of pain he did. The doctor agreed and apologized. Jake said he wasn't sure if the doctor really was sorry, but was just saying so. But that is okay. He voiced his opinion, and I am so happy he did. Ok, NOW I am done venting.

Two days we head for tooth surgery, and then our little boy will be done with doctor's hopefully for a while. haha. Our pockets can't handle much more between the ER copays, and the dental bills.

We head to Wyoming next week for a family trip. I AM SO READY FOR IT!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brent, or his wife,

I need to have get in touch with Brent. This is dave from signature storage in Afton, WY . He called and left me a message, and the number he left does not work. Please have him call me @ 307-248-1905. thanks. asap.