This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Wednesday, July 28, 2010

20 + 10

This is 'always' the first day of the rest of my life. And, I feel good. Actually, I feel great. I plan to live this decade just like last, but with a little more wisdom under my belt. Life is a constant learning experience. A friend said to me this morning, you know it's just better having a birthday with kids. And it is. Nothing like my son Benjamin coming in wearing the shirt I picked out two weeks ago at the store with Jake and the kids. He walks in the living room with a shirt on that looks like a dress, comes over to hug me and says, "this is your birthday present, Mom."

I kind of feel like I am starting a whole new round. What will the 30's bring for me. Or my 20 plus 10 years.

Some things I learned in my lifetime.

Don't eat too much popcorn at the movie theatres. Your body just can't handle it like it used too.

Smile even when you don't feel like it. It will make you feel better.

Exercise, Drink lots of water and take your vitamins. You are not only living a long healthy life for yourself, but for your children and your husband.

Chocolate is always good.

Communication is by far the best thing to share with your husband. Ok, well there is one other thing, but this is a PG 13 post. (wink, wink)

What doesn't kill me, only makes me stronger.

Take deep breaths.

Do NOT drink and drive. That is a given. But I learned the hard way. My early 20's were by far THE hardest years of my life, but probably my biggest leaps in growth too.

GOD takes care of me, if I let him.

You can ride 48 miles on your bike in less than 5 hours, at age 20 plus 9:)

Coffee smells like a million bucks, and on the morning after long nights with sick kids, literally tastes like a million bucks.

I thought I was tired before.

Life can be my passion if I let it. I love to excel in everything I do. So, why not bring that to my work and home.

I am a da** good employee.

Ditto on the last statment, and fill it in with, wife and mother.

Making yourself feel like you want to throw up while working out, sucks when you are experiencing it, but when you are done, it makes you feel like you are a champion.

Ask Doctors questions. Write down those questions before a visit.

Respect your elders.

Respect others.

I am only human.

When your husband, tells you to go take a nap. Listen.

I have the best in laws a woman could ask for.

Tooth pain can be the worst ever.

Laundrey and house cleaning can wait.

Your man needs to treat you like a queen. (Thanks Babe!)

Everyone needs to feel loved.

Everyone needs to feel needed.

You can eat breakfast for dinner several times a week.

Even though it takes twice as long to have your toddler and one year old help you do something, it is okay, because one day, they may not want to help you anymore. Ben will probably still eat the brownies I make at 16, but I doubt he will want to help me stir the bowl.

My best times in the world are experinced with my husband and two kids. Who could have ever thought I could be filled with so much love.

We all need good friends to talk to and have them listen. They keep us sane.

Sometimes, one glass of wine just doesn't cut it.

My brothers', sisters', and their families are the most amazing group of people. I can't believe God has blessed me a million times over. I need to tell them I love them more.

Playing softball at 26 is much harder on the joints than when I was 18. Now, why did I sign up for two leagues this summer and fall?

One day we will own a motorcycle, and one day we will also own an airplane.

Jake is one of the most amazing people I have met in my lifetime.

Sharing a glass of ice water with your son and daughter and listening to their "ahhhhhh"'s after the gulp is priceless.

It's okay to be moral.

I am soooooooooo not perfect.

Jonna is the most beautful little girl I have ever set my eyes on.

I am a picky eater.

Benjamin is the most handsome little man I have ever set my eyes on.

My son may hate to 'see' me cry more than I hate to cry.

But, it is okay to cry.

I love sneezing.

Somethings just aren't that important. So don't get upset over spilled milk. Well, unless it is Mama's milk.

Tears of joy let you know you are alive and life is good.

Pray, Pray, Pray.

And well, I look pretty darn good for 20 + 10!

Sometimes, I wonder what if, and where I will be in the future. When will we have our next child? Will Jake and I remain healthy? How will I be a good mother when times are hard? Can I do this, this whole life thing? How did others do it? I could probably make myself sick asking questions.

Or, I could think about today and just attempt to be the best person I can be today. Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone. You really know how to make a person feel loved.

1 comment:

Miranda G said...

Holy cow loved this post, may have to steal some lines...but funny thing is..I love sneezing too...how weird is that! It feels so good..lol!