Sometimes, I feel like I am in a wind tunnel, and happenings fly by me at a 100mph and all I can do is grab on for a short moment. By the time, I feel I understand that one, there is something else flying my way.
This past week and 1/2 has been crazy. Some wonderful going on's though. First off, my friend, Miranda had her second child, a beautiful healthy baby girl on the 15th. On the same day, another friend, Michelle due in July found out she is having her third boy!
Yesterday, my sister n law Becca had her second beautiful little boy. WOWSA! 9lbs 10oz. With a headful of light brown hair. I don't know that he could have looked any more perfect! I was on the phone with her texting back and forth getting updates. She ended up being dialated a full hour and 1/2 before the doctor became available so she could push. Ummmm, now that is a test of patience if I say so myself. Becca did say that it was probably a good thing though being that he was so big. Gave her and him time to prepare. She said once the doctor came in, she only had to push 5 or 6 times. They were in there at 530am and I talked to her at 730pm. I know she was so tired, but she didnt' sound like it. Man, just brings back memories of having our babies Jonna and Ben. It is truly euphoric, just as Becca was explaining.
Next off, I find out another person close to me is pregnant with her fifth! AMAZING! Yes, planned and ready, she says. Due not till October. I can't go into to much detail because it is still kind of a secret. But let's just call this one ALOHA baby!
Okay, and next off, some things I just don't understand, but know there is a reason. My best friend and her husband lost their baby. They found out a week ago, and she had a D&C yesterday because her body was still accepting the baby, even though the baby was no longer surviving inside her. Is there any explanation, why did this happen? I mean they tried for over a year. I had my own experience of losing our little Bean about a year and 1/2 ago, and well, there really aren't any words that make you feel better. Only time heals. But there is one thing to be said. As many of you know, we have our beautiful Baby Jonna, and we wouldn't have her if I didn't miscarry, so really God knows what he is doing. He does, and we are truly along for the ride. Doesn't set aside the pain I have for Jesse. It is a hurt like no other, and you never forget.But in time, it will become less and less, and will be okay.
Next, our nephew(Ryan, 2 in May) and niece(2months) have been sick since last weekend. GRRRRRR. Ryan ended up in the hospital, not eating, with a temperature, and really sick. Poor babies. As some may know, Ryan spent quite some time in the hospital his first year of life. I mean can he get a break or what?! I think he is coming out of it, and little sister, Addison is doing okay too. I can't wait for this sick season to be over!!
Example: Jonna and Ben have been off and on sick since December. We just had another good week and half of healthiness, when I come home from work yesterday to see them both sitting on Dad's lap pretty miserable! Jonna's cheeks are rosy red, eyes watering, and poor baby can't breathe through her nose! Ben was up most of the night coughing his "head off". As many parents know, "Coughing your head off" means you cough so much that you honestly feel like your head could pop off.
I have huge empathy for parents with sick kids. I mean my kids just have a cold. But to explain what I feel while they are sick, I mean it's like unbearable. I want it to stop, I want their pain to stop, I want to snap my fingers, and them be healthy! I actually become kind of a nervous wreck at home, cuz I get beside myself not knowing what to do for them, and then get angry with myself, feeling I am a bad parent. Walking around asking myself, can I giver them more medicine to feel better or is it too early? UGH! Bring on Spring and Summer, so my kids can run around outside and be happy again without a hacking cough and snot running like rivers out of their nose!
On a good note: I am dying to dress Jonna up in some very cute dresses that a friend let me borrow from her. Deborah is having her second child also, the first was a girl, and this one is a boy, so she was gracious enough to share! YAY! I love sharing baby clothes! Oh man, which reminds me: Jonna 6 (almost 7) month check up. 27 1/2 inches, 19lbs, 9oz. She is 90th percentile height and weight! And she is actually still smaller than what Ben was at her age!
No comments:
Post a Comment