This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Friday, October 16, 2009

Ben gets a flu shot.

Just got back from taking my Mr. Little Man to the doc to get a shot. We talked about it last night and this morning. He was all ready to go when I picked him up from daycare. So, in the room, the nurse comes in. Ben knows what's coming look's at the table, and says, "Noooooo, no want table" We talk about other things like the sounds a dog, monkey, horse, tiger, and bear make. He takes his Flu Mist shot first. The nurse talked me into him getting the HlNl shot and they were available. He passed that with flying colors. Then a 1, 2, 3, we laid him down on the table, I gave him a big bear hug while holding his arms down, and the nurse gave the shot in his left thigh. He screamed first and fought back just to hold him down, and then one big scream as I know the shot went in. Seconds later, the nurse says, want a sticker? Ben stops crying, and smiles saying, "i wanna sticker" Who happens to be on top of the sticker pile?! no other than "DIIII-AAAAAAAAA-GOOOOOO!" You all know how the song goes. Ben says Dago, dago (no, not the slang term) and all is well in Benjamin Holee Land! He puts his coat on and heads for the door. Says, "Thanks, See ya later!" to the nurse. She just laughs and says, "wow, he is pretty tuff". I say, "ya, I know, he takes after me!" Haha, He is such a big boy!

Then off to MdD's for a happy meal! Of course, he gets McDonalds! It's no fun going to the doctor. One thing I will never forget, is even though my Ma and Pa were broke, if we had to go to the doctor ever and were sick or had shots, Mom or Dad always brought us somewhere for a special treat. And I will be carrying that tradition on!

2 comments:

Miranda Gerken said...

Something about a sticker just makes things all better hahah! Landon got the flu shot in September but still waiting for the H1N1 to get in at our pedi office.

Jensen Family said...

That's so funny! Sounds like it didn't take him too long to get over it! Hope you all are doing well, happy three month birthday to Jonna!