It is so hard for me to just write about one thing in my post, because I continue to have that everlasting thing which occurrs, where I think about some great thing to blog in one day, and then well it all goes out the window because I either forget or can't find the time! So here goes!
Last night while talking to Deena, Jake's Mom. I mentioned that Jonna was 10 weeks old! WTH! How did she become ten weeks old all of a sudden! She is such an absolute doll baby. She is so "kissable, huggable, loveable, unbe-lievable". Haha, I love that song! Anyways, she coos, talks and smiles at me. My favorite part of the day is the time I get with her right after a long days work and she recognizes her Mama and grins from ear to ear with a coo and sigh. She's thinking, "OH MOM, I missed you so much" I love it.
Now Ben, he has become such a great Big Brother. I would estimate that Jonna gets big brother kisses at least 50 times in an evening at home, and that is no exaggeration! He always acts so surprised too when she coos, or her hands hit his face. It's too funny. I can really tell how much she enjoys Ben. She will follow his voice around a room and you can tell she gets excited as she shakes around when he is talking to her. I can't explain how much I love these two kids and watching them interact with each other as brother and sister. And ther is so much more to come.
There can be some sleepless nights. Jonna pretty much wakes up every night after going down somewhere between 9 and 10pm. She ususally will awake anywhere from 230 to 430 to eat, and since am the "milk maker" haha! It's me that gets up with her. But that is okay, because Jake wakes with Benjamin! Yep, Ben still likes to awake sometimes 2 to 3 times a night. He is pretty easy to get back down for the most part except if Jake is gone, and I happen to be feeding Jonna, but that is a whole other story. The roughest night this week would have been this one: Schedule was- Jonna awoke at 130, Ben at 230 and 330, and then Jonna again at 430. My alarm goes off at 545. Jake was working so, I would say I got about hmmmm 3.5 to 4 hours of sleep.
Believe it or not, it wasn't totally bad. I am trying to do everything possible to keep a healthy body with the lack of sleep. Extra B-vitamins, lots of fruits and veggies, protein shakes and fruit smoothies are probably very helpful. Along with that cup of coffee I indulge in to get me going in the morning. Work is busy, so I haven't been taking too much of lunch breaks except enough to go back to our "workout room". This room consists of some dumbbells, a stair stepper, and treadmill. Granted I don't use the treadmill. But I do just enough to get my heart pumping and metabolism up to carry through in the afternoon.
So, I am a working mother, and when I stop to think about it, I realize how proud I am of myself. I do love my job, but Man I love my kids too. Financially, even if I watched both at home, I don't know that we could do it if I didn't work. So, this is the best feasible option for us. And well, I can tell you from the minute I drop my kids off at 7am I am counting the minutes till 5pm when I can grab both of them up and just breath them in with a great big squeeze and hug. My absolute best part of the evening is #1 When Jonna sees me and shows me how much she misses me by the coos and snuggling. My talking too and loving on her. #2 When Ben calms down when we get home and lays back to enjoy a cup of milk. He loves it when Jake or I go up to snuggle with him while he is relaxing. Man, I seriously take these two moments, and stop to breathe both of them in. Literally, I take big deep breaths of smelling my kids. Haha. There is no other better smell! I don't take advantage of a single moment I get with them and that has made me a pretty darn good Mama!
AND! Ladies night to Hermann here we come! Saturday my sister and I and four of my girl friends are heading to Hermann, MO to do some wine touring and tasting, and lots of eating I hope too!! Then we stay at a B&B that night. I think this is some of the girls first experience at a B&B and I hope we aren't disappointed. I read the reviews and sound like Breakfast is gonna be great.
So, I feel extra guilty about leaving my family, as the day slowly arrives. Not only I won't see my kids for about 24 hours, but I won't get to spend much time with Jake either. Truth of the matter is, I need some sane girl time! It will be good for me. And I know the kids need that extra time with Dad too!
So there it is! A breif summation of what's going on! Man, I am blessed. Wouldn't change any of this for a moment!
All is well in Holee land!
No comments:
Post a Comment