This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Sunday, July 26, 2009

Happy Early Birthday to me!

What a great birthday! And it isn't really even here yet. It isn't till Tuesday, but Friday night we celebrated with a big dinner at our house with Ethan Schwab(nephew that shares a birthday with me) and the Holees' and Mom and Dad came out too, with brother and sis, Charlie and Katie. Jake smoked some more pork and every one made sides it turned out great. Plus Jonna looked absolutlely adorable in her outfit.


So, have I mentioned before how much I absolutely love my husband. When he does something for me, he does it right!! I have always given him a hard time when it comes to buying specific products big or small, because he is a researcher. It could take a good week before he finds the exact thing he wants.

Well, for over a year, or maybe even since we got married, I have talked about wanting a bike to ride. To go on the Kady Trail or just ride around the neighborhood for exercise. Well, I had an inclination that I was going he was going to get a bike when he talked about what he wanted to spend on my bday present. But then, on Friday morning, I walked into the kitchen after a very long night being up with Jonna, and found him and his Dad trying to hide this box they were wrapping. Come to find out taht was my present. I acted surprised, but then also had a huge disappointment. I wasn't going to get a bike:(. Of course, that didn't fit in the box! So, I proceeded to ask Jake later, "are you sure I am going to LOVE my birthday present?" considering how much he spent on it. In my mind I was very doubtful, and he kept reassuring me. I started thinking he got me something electronic, which he thinks I would love, but really wouldn't.

So, that evening we started opening presents, and as you can see what they were wrapping in the box is on top of my head.


He is so sneaky! But man I love him!

And her are some other pics of some fun:
Grandma Deena with Jonna

Notice, holding her sleeve helps with feeding







1 comment:

Jensen Family said...

Looking great Maria! We hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow! That's a good lookin' bike!