Who would you say is your biggest fan? Last night, about 3am, when I do my best thinking of course; I started pondering about relationships, and worrying about what is to come with another addition to the family here very shortly. Marriage is not always easy and honestly throw a few kids in there it can be even harder to focus on your husband or wife. I will be straight forward and say, I am downright scared of the changes that are going to happen in our family in the next month. I don't think I would be normal if I wasn't though. I question, how we are going to give Benjamin enough love and attention with another baby. I question, how are we going to give each other enough of that too. Last night, I was just watching Ben, and there are moments I truly want to explode with how much I love him. Am I capable of multiplying that by two. Well, I think so. I think God knows I am, and it just happens when the baby comes.
So, the worry, is Jake and I don't really get much time with each other as it is. And when we do, it is few and far between. Last night, I was sitting on Jake's lap at the computer. And Ben saw this going on, and thought it was pretty funny. Then he felt left out so wanted to sit on someone's lap.
Then it clicked in my head. I think I am Jake's biggest fan as a father, and I really hope to think he is my biggest fan as I am a mother. So, easy enough, we just need to show each other that. Be the most supportive father/husband, mother/wife of the other and vice versa, and it makes it all sound pretty simple right?
So, my key to having a loving healthy realationship with your spouse while having children is be their Biggest Fan. Root them on when they are down, support them when they need that support, compliment them when you you admire them for something. Admiration is such a strong word and has so much good meaning. When a husband and wife admire each other how blessed of a relationship is that.
Don't get me wrong, Jake and I have our fights, and boy can we get mad at each other. We are so far from being the perfect husband and wife than Jane and John Doe down the street. But I know we work with each other each day to make our worlds revolve. We hate to fight with each other, and the relief when we make up is nothing short of amazing to me. Then we wonder why the heck are we fighting anyways. Is it really worth it? I am not saying that any of this is easy, and I am definately not an expert.
The best times are when you get along so well with each other, you almost suprise yourselves. You just can't beat it. You CRAVE for more satisfaction in your relationship. I totally believe that no couple goes into a relationship to fail. It is a human charactaristic to succeed. Why not be successful together.
So, Jake I will do my best to be your biggest fan!
1 comment:
I LOVE THIS POST. AMEN!
Deborah
Post a Comment