This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Thursday, June 4, 2009

This time 2 years ago....compared to today.

I was doing some reading in my old journal, and this time two years ago I was about 34 weeks. I had just went to a bachelorette party where I danced the night away. I hosted a wedding shower, and had just gone to a baby shower for myself. I was counting down for one month to go.

So, today, I am almost 33 weeks and not doing anything quite that exciting, but am planning to head to KC this weekend for some fun with some friends! It will be just Ben and I being that Jake is working ANOTHER full weekend. Boooo. We will do some swimming, playing, eating, and relaxing. And I even talked a friend into taking some maternity shots for me. I am very excited. Hopefully, that will be a good post later to view.

I am feeling good besides my darn back going out on me time and time again. I constantly have to stretch. I think the main problem is carrying around my not so little 29lb toddler on my hip. It's just very hard to carry him up front now, unless I rest him on top of my belly, but that is starting to get a little uncomfy. That and constantly bending over doesn't help either. But I really don't like to slow down, so I will just have to power through the next 5 1/2 weeks.

Jonna's room is almost completely done, we just need to finish painting the changing table we got. We bartered Jake's computer assistance for it. So, kind of like we got it for free.

I am still working out two times a week. I don't think I worked out much more after 32 weeks when preggo with Ben, it was hurting my hip and belly. The working out helps a lot with my back right now. I am interested to see what my weight gain is because I am literally starting to feel like a house.

Ben has been a great helper as always. He loves to feed Mugsy, water the flowers, water the garden, hoe and rake the garden, wash dishes, bake cookies, eat cookie dough (of course), and still sweeps the floor. He likes to read books to himself, and sing songs too. (Wonder where he gets that from)
His vocabulary continues to grow. And has more and more sentences that come out randomly. I learned that he talks when he wants to talk, and will talk to us when he wants to be heard. He loves to Run! "On your mark, get set, go" all the time. He just runs randomly from one destination to the other. And he is pretty fast too. I started the racing several months ago when we walk home from daycare. Well, right now, I am having a hard time keeping up with him. He stops, and looks back, and says, "come on" and then sprints off again.

The other morning, I got sick in the sink. (You would think I would learn to have food in my stomach by now when popping five vitamins at a time.) We had been sitting at the table having our breakfast of some really good french toast I prepared, and well, let's just say I had to scrub the floors and sink down pretty good about five minutes later. But as I was getting sick, Ben was turned in his seat standing watching me so concerned, saying, "Ok Mama? Ok?" Over and over again. In between throw ups, I tried to reassure him I was fine, just a little sick. Telling the story now, kind of makes laugh. And when I get teary eyed watching a movie or commercial, he will come to hug me and ask me if I am ok too. It is so darn cute. Things like these just tell me how much my little boy is growing up.

So, hopefully I will have some pictures to post soon. Getting ready to plan Ben's Bday party on the 5th of July. Work is busy as always. All is well in Holee land.

1 comment:

Jensen Family said...

Great to hear that you are doing well! It's crazy to think you are so close! I'm sure it hasn't gone by so fast for you though! Have fun this weekend! We love you guys! Good luck in your last few weeks!