That's right, this Big Mama and her big man Ben were doing a fun ring around the posey potty dance last night, because BEN WENT POTTY IN THE POTTY CHAIR ON COMMAND!!!!
I have gone back and forth in the last two months abou potty training with Ben because he shows the interest, but I just don't want to push it if he isn't ready, and set him up for failure. Plus, everyone tells me how much later boys potty train than girls. Don't get me wrong we are anxious, but I still don't want to push it.
I let him sit on the potty when he wants to, and he never goes. Just after two seconds of sittin up there. He smiles, and then acts like he need TP to wipe, and then off he hops to flush. He has done this for at least two months now.
Well. last night, I had let him run through the sprinkler in his clothes and diaper, and after he was done, I stripped him down, and just put a pair of mesh shorts on, not wanting to waste another diaper before bath time. Well, he was very thirsty and downed two glasses of milk right after he was done playing. I kept asking him to tell me if he needed to go, and he would look at me and smile. At one point, he got up out of the recliner he was sitting in with me and started grabbing himself, and I noticed a little dribble heading down his leg. I was quick to pick him up and rush to the threshhold of the potty chair. Of course, he cut off in mid flow. Thank goodness, we didn't have a trace of pee to the bathroom. Stripped his shorts down, sat him up on the toilet on top of the Elmo potty lid, and said, "OK, Ben, go potty now." He looked at me and smiled, and then even pushed his "weewee" down(as mother's of boys you know they HAVE to do this) and DO YOU KNOW HE WENT POTTY?!!! And he pottied for several seconds, so I was thinking AWESOME JOB! and we celebrated. I expressed how proud I was of him, we did a POTTY DANCE, and you could tell how happy he was too! Then we went to get some icecream as his reward in the kitchen.
We tried to call a few people to let them tell Ben how proud they were of him, but the first one I got a hold of was Uncle Jason and Ava, and they kept telling him Congratulations and Way to go! And he just grinned from ear to ear. Crystal said in the background, "Did you ever think you would get this excited about potty in the potty chair?" And all I could do was laugh, because no, I don't remember the last time I was so excited!
Well, as we sat at the table, I looked outside to see dear old Mugsy chewing up our garden water bucket! GRRRRRRRR, and ran outside to give him a a scolding. I came back five minutes later and saw that WELL, Ben finished going potty in his booster seat! Darn it! But he knew right away he was wet and wanted his pants off, so he is making the connection still.
Anyways, that was our exciting night!! I still don't want to push it, but we are going to try it out more this weekend!! I don't want to get my hopes up.
WAY TO GO BENJAMIN! If he only knew how proud this Mama was!
No comments:
Post a Comment