This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Thursday, April 30, 2009

Premature Atrial Contraction

First off, I can't say how absolutely wonderful Boone Hospital, staff, nurse, Ultrasonagrapher and Dr. Grant were. What an experience! They are no joke, and took care of Jonna and I like we were family!

After having an ultrasound and what they referred to as an Echo Ultrasound(the technology is just amazing) of Jonna's heart they determined what her irregular beat was all about. They confirmed she had a "beautiful" four chambered heart, and Dr.diagnosed her with Premature Atrial Contraction.. It is pretty much exactly what it states. One chamber, the atrium, is off beat with the ventricle next to it. It is quite apparent of the irregularity but, we were reassured by Dr. Grant not to worry because it should likely heal it self, and hopefully will before birth. I will go back in three weeks for a check up. I am so thankful that it isn't any more serious than what it is. Thank you God! And thanks for all your prayers.

In the mean time, Mama is not allowed any Chocolate, Caffeine, or Cocoa Butter lotion. I am an addict to Cocao Butter lotion and lather up with it every day, but apparently, it has caffeine in it that I can absorb which may also be absorbed by Jonna. I was reassured that any previous chocolate intake or the minimal caffeine intake didn't cause Jonna's problem, but it is best to stay away from it as a precaution because it can cause tachycardia. It's best just to make sure her heart doesn't have to work any harder than it already has to.

On a very exciting note, Jonna is way cute!!! She still has Benjamin's profile. One other thing is she already has a head full of hair that Ben did not have!! Oh my! Weighing in at 2 lbs 15 oz, and in the 80% percentile, I guess. Between her and I, we are measuring a week and 1/2 ahead, but doc reassured me that doesn't mean I would be going early.

So God just keeps on blessing us and all is well again in Holee land!

5 comments:

The Rowden's said...

So happy for you guys! I knew you would love him! Very dry...but so smart! He really grew on us and I miss seeing him!

Crystal Ann said...

Praise God!! What a blessing that sweet little girl is. And dont worry about measuring ahead- I measured ahead my whole pregnancy with both Isaac and Ava... 43 weeks at 37 weeks with Isaac!! lol Glad to hear everything's okay.

Lori O said...

i am so happy it's nothing too serious! Dang it on the chocolate/caffeine though. That would be so hard!

Jensen Family said...

That's great news Maria! We are so glad that everything went well!

Becca said...

Thank goodness! We are glad that everything is okay! We can't wait to meet that cute little girl!