This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Saturday, March 14, 2009

Ben is 20.5 months!

I realized I am little behind on updates with this guy! Just a few specs:

Wears 24 months and 2T

Loves to show off a new outfit right after he puts it on.( I kind of egg that one on)

This morning he said, "Tasha, Katie, Grandma, Grandpa, Jeca(Jessica), Brad(Braddock), Aba (Ava), Onnn (Anna), John (Johnny) Becc (Becca, and issa (Alyssa). This was all done on prompting.

He still likes to eat, mostly vegetables. He can feed himself with a spoon very well, and not to bad with a fork. When he gets frustrated he prefers to use his hands.

He drinks from a regular cup at meal time. Prefers water.

He LOVES nutrigrain bars and Mom's vanilla protein drinks.

Still drinks rice milk. But has most other kinds of dairy.

He has requested 3 times in the last week to sit on the toilet to go "potty" another word he tries to use. He tries to take his pants off. I help, then take his diaper off, and sit him up there. He sits for a moment to make sure I tell him how proud I am of him, then he grabs tissue to wipe. Note: He has no connection of what actually "going" potty in the potty chair is.

He loves to run! In a big circle from living room to dining room to kitchen. Likes it if we are chasing him or he is chasing us. We can do this for 1/2 hour or more.

He is an awesome dancer. All kind of moves. I can't wait to take him to an actual dance.

Still prefers open mouth kisses over the smooch.

Loves to hold babies(Cousin Sydney-poor girl) Shows to be good training though.

He likes to tell Bugsy no, and tell him he is BAD!

In a serious conversation he tends to talk with his hands and wave them around and point.

He thinks he has a baby in his belly now.

He had his first hair cut with clippers about three weeks ago.

He walks up and down steps with a rail. Without one he falls, and has learned it is best to use a rail. My parenting technique is mostly "learn by experience" :)

He loves animals, birds, bugs, dirt, and rocks. Now if anything is on his hand when he doesn't think it should be there, the world must stop until we clean his hand.

He has a little bicycle with training wheels. Still working on pedaling but he loves to sit on it and push it with his feet.

Sleeps in a big boy bed.

Cleans, cleans, cleans. Give him a cloth and he will scrub away. Floors, walls, furniture. One day he had opened the fridge by himself and wanted to get his milk and pour it in a cup. Jake and I were in the living room so didn't really get to see all of it. We came in the kitchen to find him with a towel in his hand cleaning some spilled milk up. The container open next to him on the floor, and the dish towel drawer wide open. He's pretty self sufficient I would say for only 20 months old.

He loves to help sweep and run the vacuum also. Laundrey, he helps load and unload washer and dryer, and still helps "shake" out the clothes before folding. Sometimes, this causes laundrey time to take a little longer than it used to.

Some pictures taken today: They could be some of my favorites!



2 comments:

Jensen Family said...

What a cute kid! He sure is growing up fast!

Crystal Ann said...

You are growing up so fast Mr. Benjammin! And keeping your mommy busy I'm sure :)