I just had the best text from my sister Tasha! She said Ben just said to her "Luv YOU." Tasha works at his daycare. Jake and I have been working on that with him at home. We would say it to him over and over again to try to get him repeat it, and he would laugh or say something else he thought was funny.
That is a game Ben plays with us. We try to get him to say a word, and he mocks us by saying another word. His favorite, is when I try to get him to say Mom! I say "Mom!" And he says "Dad!" and laughs his little mischeivous laugh. Then I say "Mom" again, and he does it again. Then I say "Ben!" and he starts laughing so hard he can't talk. Every so often he sneaks in a Mom, just loud enough for me to hear, and waits to hear my response. If I just look at him and smile, he starts to giggle.
Last night, Benjamin had a very rough night. I think teeth trying to cut still may be the issue, but he was quite a bear. Finally, we were able to grab his two favorite blankets from his crib with a pillow and lay on the ground in his room to calm him. It was just about bathtime and I said. "Daaaaaaaaadddd" Calling for Jake to give Ben a bath, and Ben says a really long, but very sweet "Daaaaaaaaadddddd" And smiles at me. Nothing sweeter than your little child's voice!
I am kind of jealous now, though. Tash sent me another text telling me that he has said "Luv you" twice to her now!
4 comments:
How cute MIa! Can't wait to see that honery nephew of ours :)
just to follow up, Ben told me "luv you" twice on our hour long ride home last night on the slick roads. Couldn't have been a better time!
AHHHH, what a perfect ending to your day!
I just got your Christmas card, thank you! You guys are a cute family. Congratulations on the pregnancy! How exciting. Let me know when you find out the sex!
Post a Comment