This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Thursday, October 23, 2008

Trip down memory lane!

Our first date: We went Iceskating! Both of us were a nervous wreck. Picture quality isn't that great, but it sure looked like we were having fun. We actually have a shot also of me skating under his legs. Nice!

This is the month Jake moved down to the little ol town in mid-missoura. Couldn't stand to do the weekend travel visits anymore.

This is about a month after our wedding. Notice how happy we look. Still newlyweds.

What is your husbands name? Jacob Lewis
How long have you been married? 3.5 years
How long did you date? one year
How old is he? 28
Our honeymoon, the first morning, watching the sunrise in Punta Cana, DR.

Here is my fabio hanging out with his babe in our suite!
Trip on the catamaran! Lookin good 3.5 years ago, pre-Ben days!

Who eats more sweets? It could be a tie. We each have a sweet tooth, but I am the chocolate fan. My favorite candy bar is Reese's Peanut Butter cup/Snickers and his is Reese's Fast Break.
Who said I love you first? Jake, I was quick to respond to say the least.
Who is taller? Jake, doesn't take much to be taller than I. He is 10 inches taller
Who is the better singer? Me. Although he did a pretty good job singing "My Maria" when we first started dating. And well, my singing skills aren't great when it comes to singing the correct words to a song. I often sing words that are totally off, and Jake just laughs at me.
Who is smarter? I would say we are both pretty darn intelligent, when it comes to random(and I do mean random)knowledge, Jake. Computers, Jake. Vitamins, minerals, Me. I guess it depends on the category.I gotta say we had a pretty darn smart little boy together.

Three days before delivery. Whoa Mama, I was looking good!

Proud Dad!

Proud Mom!
Who does the laundry? We both do it.
Who pays the bills? I do. Gotta have both paychecks though;)!
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Jake, been that way since forever. Not really sure why.
Who mows the lawn? Jake. For the first time, in 3.5 years, I helped him mow the lawn last Sunday.
Who cooks the dinner? We take turns. If I cook, he cleans the kitchen, If he cooks I clean.
Who drives? When we are together Jake drives. He likes to drive when we are together. At least I think so. I like to nap when he drives ;)
Who is the first to say they are wrong? We never admit that we're wrong. Haha, it happens about 50/50 for both of us now. We are getting better about it.
Who kissed who first? Jake kissed me. It was awesome. Completely caught me off guard, and I wasn't really sure if I would ever see him again.
Who asked who out? Jake asked me to come visit him in Springfield. Believe it or not, I was supposed to be set up with his roommate months before.
Who wears the pants? Well, let's just say Jake doesn't wear a skirt. And I don't very often either for that matter.
Tag??? I tag Lori, Crystal, Becca, Jessica, Alyssa.

5 comments:

Jensen Family said...

Thanks for doing that. It's really need to learn the little things about you both.

Crystal Ann said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, tell Jake I LOVE the peninsula (sp?)!! LOL

Jessica said...

Thanks so much for sharing! I really enjoyed the pics & learning a little more about you two!

Lynn said...

That was fun to read! I loved all the old pics!

Anonymous said...

oh fun, i will have to do this sometime soon since you tagged me!