This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Days of Enlightenment

Do you ever have one of those days where you just feel good? Often, I correlate them with a good night's sleep. But I have mornings when I am getting Ben and I ready and then driving to work, where I get happy feelings. Sounds kind of gay, but really I just feel enlightened. Some would refer to it as being 'filled with the spirit' A Buddhist would describe it as a state of Nirvana. For me, these days ususally start with a sunny morning. You feel like nothing could go wrong.

Also, I am looking forward to Jake getting home tonight. I feel like I haven't seen him for days. Besides seeing him a couple hours on Monday night, he hasn't been home since Saturday. I am pretty sure he is missing us too.

I would also like to point out I am more patient and easy going on these days. I can have a rude person cut me off in traffic or in line at the grocery store, or just be plain mean because they want to, and I brush it off with a good old shoulder shrug, like I just don't care. Ha! Why can't all days be like this.

This is also a good time to talk about the GOLDEN RULE or the Story of the Good Samaritan. Do to others as you wish them to do. I challenge people today to do something nice for someone that you usually wouldn't do. I will do it myself. If they are there when you do your good deed, watch their response, and I bet money they will be off doing a good deed for someone else today, because of how you made them feel. What can it hurt?

I know it is going to be a good day, when Ben comes to give me a hug and a kiss before I leave him at daycare, and then he is off to go play. He doesn't have a care in the world either.

Happy Days!

1 comment:

Maria said...

I thought the You Tube Video would be something perfect for Ben to watch. It is a great story I remember reading about when I was a child.