This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Rice Milk and a visit to the Chiro.

So we are trying some alternative routes to fix Ben with his constant ear infections. I really am sick of putting him on antibiotics only to calm, but never cure the EI. So, tubes right now, I don't want to think about. Especially when the doctor mentioned that approximately 50% of children, it doesn't help, and another 50% of those same children they fall out and have to be put in again. I AM NOT saying that tubes are a bad idea. If they work, then that is awesome. I am also very scared about putting Ben under anasthesia again. The experience of him being put out for the debreding of his right hand from the second degree burns was horrible. I was holding him down screaming, and then all of a sudden his eyes roll back in his head and he goes limp. Give me shivers thinking about it. I KNOW this would not be the case for the tubes, but someone would be holding him down before he passed out. So, we are trying some alternative routes for our little guy. Number one, after his spinal adjustment at the chiropractor on Friday, he did awesome. Instead of being one stuffy mess, his nose began to drain. They adjusted his atlas and axis, two vertebraes that directly affect ears and sinuses.They also muscle tested him for allergies. They found that is likely allergic to dairy and soy milk. So, that leads us to the rice milk. Which really doesn't taste too bad at all. He has been on that for four days now. He is still draining quite a bit and still has a cough, but we go back tomorrow for another boost. I can't wait.

One thing I know for certain is that it really has helped. For the first times ever Benjamin slept in on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday til at least 7:15, but Saturday and Monday morning he slept in till 8am. CRAZY! It was heavenly. I don't remember that Ben has ever done that, especially several mornings in a row. We have let him stay up till b/w 8:30 and 9pm, where as he usally is in bed asleep by 8, but I really don't think that has affected it. Mainly, because there are always nights sometimes, that he may not get to sleep till 9 or so, but still would wake up at 5:30 or 6. So, this has really been wonderful. So, that is a quick update there.

1 comment:

Crystal Ann said...

Glad you were able to get some rest guys! Everybody likes that! Especially mommies :)