This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Squishy Face

Some days Jake stays home with Ben on his days off from the fire station and Best Buy.
I seem to get some of the funniest picture emails from them when this happens. I often get a pretty good laugh. A priceless picture was one afternoon, that Jake and Uncle Johnny took Benjamin out to lunch with them. Where did they go, yes of course. Hooters! I get a text with Ben holding up the Hooter's menu. About an hour later I get a picture of Ben on the hip of one of the Hooter's waitresses while four others stand at their side. Now you tell me. I am pretty certain they had this picture planned. Who brings the camera out to an afternoon lunch without a plan in mind?! I saw right through them.
Jake has been such an awesome Dad lately! Not that you aren't already awesome dear! But I think he is realizing our little baby boy isn't so much of a baby anymore. He is eating up the cuddling and rocking just as much or more than I have been. We go through phases of rocking the little guy verses letting him cry himself to sleep. Mainly, we rock him to enjoy slow diminshing cuddle time with our sleepy, non-mobile son. He isn't much for sitting still on our laps anymore. Last night, I tried to tell Jake to let Ben cry himself back to sleep at 2am, but nope, Jake was up rocking him, walking him and then off to sleep in the recliner. I think Ben is learning to wrap his Dad around his finger too, like his Mom. We have been playing catch with a baseball lately. The glove doesn't fit, but he giggles with delight as Dad throws the ball and I help him catch it in his hands. He seems to be he is going to be a lefty, but he actually throws better with his right hand.

So, this morning I got my squishy face picture! One thing to pay attention to is Jake took that picture, so try to imagine him with the camera placed between his neck and chin perfectly to be able to press the picture button. I find this quite amusing.

1 comment:

Crystal Ann said...

PRICELESS!! Jake is a wonderful daddy :)