This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Friday, September 5, 2008

Benjamin is 14 months tomorrow.

Wow, how has he grown. He has been doing so many things that I keep meaning to document. First, when we ate at Macaroni Grill on Monday, they have a paper over the table that kids can color on. He was all over it, still working on his coordination with the color. But he was scribbling!!! I thought that was really amazing.

Also, the boy loves to blow kisses. Any time we say goodbye to someone, he puts his hand to his mouth/face, and kind of looks like he is slapping himself, but really he is blowing kisses.

He has become quite fond of pushing things around the house. The first thing would be this laundrey basket.



Last night he went on to start pushing the pack n play that I put up. At one point he had blocked Mugsy in the hallway by pushing it across the room against the doorway. It was pretty funny to watch. Reminded me of the time when he first started crawling and was using his head to try to push the pack n play out of the way.

He says, "done" when he is done eating in his high chair. That one was hard to catch because he is always using the syllable "dadaddadaddundun" when he jibber jabbers.

He loves walks in his stroller. He is such an observer, and now waves at the cars as they drive by. Such a friendly little guy.

Oh, and high fives all the time, to complete strangers. At Church last week I think he gave everyone behind us like five high-fives each.

And the things he's learned that we are trying to un'learn'. Pulling hair, hitting, and yes, he bit Jake and I the other day. Not hard, but hard enough for him to get in BIG trouble. When Dad, used a stern voice with him, Ben knew he wasn't playing and put the saddest face on ever, just before he melted down like he was dying.

Time out does NOT work at this stage. He thinks it is a big game. When I place him facing the corner he turns his head and smiles and looks right at me. I even try to make him place both hands on the wall to keep him facing straight ahead. It is so hard not to laugh when he is looking at you and he is supposed to be in trouble. Then when I let him up, he walks back over to the corner and lays against the wall, like, "Look at me, I am over here again!" He hasn't quite learned it is supposed to be punishment. So for the time being I am not quite sure what to do with disciplining, and if you have any ideas throw them my way.

Great weekend ahead. Hanging out, and not a whole lot going on. My kind of weekend. Happy Friday everyone.

2 comments:

Crystal Ann said...

He's growing up so fast... *tear*
lol. Love the video, Ava could do that for hours. I can't wait to see them together in action!!

Becca said...

A few things ...
1. I DEFINITELY see Kusick in his smile!!
2. I don't think I have ever seen your kitchen table before - I like it!
3. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
4. School stinks
5. I shouldn't say school stinks ... I am very grateful for this challenging opportunity (how about that?)