He is so smart. He will tell us now how old he is and puts his one little index finger in the air, and sounds to us like , "un" My Mom says he is going to be like me and just start saying complete sentance's one day. His absolute favorite thing to do is push things around the house on the floor, whether it be the laundrey basket, a plastic tupperware container, a block, a book, his toy rocking cow, or his toy lion.
He has a curiosity trait that reminds me most of the Holee Men. For example Papa Doug and Jake. He often tries to take things apart, sit on things, or just look at things in the most curious way. He is drilling up ideas in his head, and by the look on his face I would like to jump in that little mind of his, and find out what he is thinking.
He has become quite the balancing act as he climbs on top of his lion, and stands with arms spread out. This is an accident waiting to happen.
He loves playing at the park, and is infatuated with slides.
I just thought this was a good shot of him in the evening sun. He is such a handsome little guy.
Ben is an absolute joy. He plays by himself all the time now, and I am amazed. His true best friend is Mugsy. He gives Mugsy as many open mouth kisses as Mugsy gives to him.
I want to say quickly I appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers. I can really tell that God is working through so many of my friends and family in being so supportive. I am amazed sometimes of the love that people show for others, and it makes me want to be a better person. I would also like to say how much Jake and I have grown from a very sad experience in our lives. He has been somewhat of a superhero to me. When he hugs and holds me in my sad times, it's like he wants to absorb all the pain I have felt, and take it away from me. My brother recently asked me if I could have any superpower in the world, and I decided that is what it would be. I would be able to take away any physical or emotional pain that a loved one feels. How handy would that have been when Benjamin burnt his hand on the oven door.
So tell me, if you could have any super power, what would it be?
My Awesome brother Jason and his wife, Crystal have been incredible also. So props to you guys. And one more props to Mr. Benjamin. He has given to us so much in such a hard time. He will probably never realize, but I only hope that one day he realizes even as a child how much he has allowed Jake and I to grow as adults.
Happy Fall Weather to everyone!
1 comment:
We had such a great time seeing you all Saturday morning- I also showed Ava Ben's pics yesterday and she was pointing at the screen saying "Ben-jammin" over and over again. Really looking forward to our upcoming visit!!
Post a Comment