Jake and I just celebrated our 7th anniversary. It was a great day of lounging and hanging with each other and the kids, and also going to my favorite father in law's birthday party!!!
The kids are growing up, testing my patience, and making me laugh all the time.
We are quite busy now days, trying to keep heads above water. Between me trying to get in as many classes at the gym and shadowing Coach in hers, and working full time and taking care of kids when I am not doing the either, I sleep. Needless to say the house is always a mess, but thanks to Jake we have clean clothes to wear ;)
Jake stays pretty busy with his things also. I have learned in the last weeks to take just one day at a time, and all will be well.
Ben started speech therapy three weeks ago. We have been going through several tests the public schools require to do this, but the amazing thing it is free to get him help. He doesn't have any developmental issues, just not able to pronounce the sound "s" "g" and "c". Also, "r" and "l" but those are age appropriate and they will be working on those also. The problem is that he has adapted his language to his production of speech which affects several blends of letters too. such as "Sl" "sw" "ch" "sh". He has been doing great and enjoys his visits with Ms. Sarah. I am happy to know that helping him now is going to make a huge difference as he enters grade school years, not only in confidence, but socially and academically! So, Yay!!!
Jonna has this thing....it's called competitiveness. I have no idea where she gets it from. But everything is a race. And if you want to hear me gut laugh- it is after I see Jonna's bare bum flying over her bed rail after going potty before bed time to scream in utter joy, "I beat you Ben! I beat you! (wait for it...spell it out) That ends with a "HAAA-HA! I beaaaat you!" This all while she is laying in the bed trying to scoot her lowered pants up to her waist. I have also witnessed her body slam the door frame in her rushed approach to get to bed first. She is pretty tough, because imagine a two year old knocked flat from the hit to jump up with pants still down trying to race to her bed.
My kids, my beautiful kids can make me laugh, scream, and cry in a matter of five minutes!
Tough kids!
Cute kids!


1 comment:
How adorable! Reading about Jonna seriously made me laugh out loud! What a funny girl! Cant wait to see you guys this summer!
Post a Comment