You know you have showed up to work before with two pairs of toddler girl underwear shoved intot he wait of your pants. Really! No? Well there is a first time for everything. I thought for sure that if I shoved them in the waist of my pants I would NOT forget to give them to Alison when I dropped off Jonna this morning. Weird.
One of our lovely conversations with Ben on the way to school this morning.
Remember, Jake is still in Paramedic school and has been doing clinical hours in the ER at Boone Hospital. When he goes to work there, I just tell Ben and Jonna that Daddy has to work at the hospital today.
Ben: What is the hospital like, and what does Daddy do there?
Me: Well, remember how we took you to get stitches on your head, or when Jonna poured the hot soup on her tummy. That's a hospital. And remember when a bunch of people came to help you and Jonna and fix you and make you feel better. Well, Daddy is one of those people. He helps people when they come to the hospital hurt.
Ben: Hmmmmm.
Me:So, he has got a cool job, right?
Ben: (Excited) Oh, oh, you know what would be awesome Mom, if we hurt ourselves and Daddy had to take care of us at the hospital. And he wouldn't know he had to until we got there!!
Me: (thinking-yes, my worst fear as a mother, that Jake would have to respond to an emergency call as a fireman or paramedic for his wife or children) Ya, Ben, that would be awesome......
3 comments:
at least they weren't dirty underwear!! ;-)
I love the way kids think!
Totally cracked up when reading this Maria! :) Love ya
Post a Comment