You know, I am really in a bit of awe that my baby boy is 4 years old today. We had a combined birthday party with family and a few friends on July 4th, which was so very awesome, and the weather was perfect! But I explained to him that today is July 6th, his "birth" day and he is four. He kept asking on the ride to daycare. "So, Mom, I am four right now? I am big like Dad? I am four like Taylor and Ava? (his older cousins). I just kept reassuring him..yes, yes you are. It was one of those things that made him feel like it was too good to be true, that he was finally four!
Three years ago, he was this big. Barely walking and now he is riding a bike, doing stunts, running races, swimming, being a very caring big brother, and a helper to Mom and Dad!
He is 42lbs, and I think about 42 inches tall. Quite a "congruent" little boy. He will be in Pre-school again in the fall. Can count to 30. Can say the ABC's and sing nursery rhymes like a pro. He is a dance king. He does somersaults, and loves to play with motorcycles!
And just think he was this little four years ago!. I can't believe I used to call him nugget when I was pregnant. Not a little nugget any longer!
Benajmin, I love you guy! I tear up thinking you won't be Mama's little boy as the years go by. I am going to look up to you one day, and it won't be too long. Each night, you still play with my hair like you did when you were a baby. You ask for one more minute as you twirl it through your fingers. You are the sweetest, most loving little boy. I am so proud of you and look forward to the years ahead to see you grow up to be a handsome man like your Dad!
2 comments:
Happy birthday Ben-jammin!!
It's crazy how this time has flown! That is so cute he asks for "one more minute" at nighttime. Skyler does the same to me when we have our nighttime chat before bed. Happy birthday to Ben!
Post a Comment