It's hard when you think you deserve more recognition. It's hard when you don't know what end is up, what end is down, where you are going, where you are coming from. What should you make for dinner? Do I have enough time to stop at the store on lunch, or clean out the van that has crackers, orange peels, tissues, cups, blankets, toys, crumbs, all over the place? What should I do next? Running in circles all the time. Sometimes, I remind myself to stop and BREATHE!! I can't even remember the last time I was able to pick up a book and read. Oh, how I love to read.
Lets' get down to business. Slow down, and just stop thinking in fast forward. The real truth is it's all so worth it. Really, who would I have enjoyed my mother's day with and went on a walk with accross the river bridge on Mother's Day while Jake was working. My kids.
As we headed home from Gma's house on sunday, I drove over the bridge as I do almost every day and saw the new bridge walk way, where all the families were taking a peacefull stroll admiring the river. So, what did we do? Mama parked the car, and said lets have an adventure! I wasn't sure what to expect, but this was it.

Almost to the top! I really thought I would be carrying Jonna a lot. It was the end of the day around 6pm, and they had both had their fill of playing. But nope, they both trekked away.

Did I mention how terrified I felt walking on this bridge while Jonna and Ben both felt the need to put their fingers underneath the fence and wiggle around admiring the huge river several hundred feet below. I think I have a small fear of heights. I wanted to stay RIGHT in the center of this walkway. Not my children. They felt the need to walk right next to the side of the fence that faced the river making sure to stop and lean into the fence to get a real good look.

Breaktime on the way down.

Seriously with two sweet kids like this that take a break to come give me a hug and say they Love me all the time. I mean me. Their Mom that sometimes forgets Ben's bookbag, or Jonna's diaper wipes for daycare. Oh, or did I mention when I pulled Jonna's elbow out of socket trying to keep her from falling down the stairs.
I would be lying if I didn't tell you how completely overwhelmed I feel sometimes. Even feeling like I fail as a parent, yes, those are the times, when I ask, "What am I doing wrong?!" or More so, "What can I do better?!"
Every day is in a adventure, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Okay, I am lying. I wouldn't mind a full nights' sleep. Sometimes, it is a little hard being a parent.
No comments:
Post a Comment