This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Wednesday, March 31, 2010

update on bike training

Just to keep everyone update that "I am not slacking" on the bike training for our trip in June.

Actually, I have done awesome. This is going on the fourth week that I am working out at least three times a week at the gym. And at nights, I am usually outside with the kids, and riding a few miles here and there with Jake, or walking Jonna in the stroller while Ben will bike for bout a mile. It has been great weather, and I am so glad we have been able to be so active outside. On average, I am getting 35-45 miles a week from biking at the gym to biking at home. I can tell too. I feel better, and I can tell that my body is getting better toned. Don't ask me if I am losing weight, cuz that doesn't EVER happen when I work out. I only gain weight, and that's allright because I know I am gaining muscle weight. Don't talk to me about dieting. I eat like a pig. What can I say the more calories I burn, the more I want to eat. HA! I love food WAY too much. And I won't let myself skip a work out. It isn't a question. Sorry Mom, but you asked me to lunch today, but I skipped cuz I had to work out. But that is okay, cuz we are going to meet up tomorrow:).

Other exciting stuff, is this weekend we are going to celebrate a dinner for my Mom and Dad's 35th wedding anniversary. Wow! They have been married more years than I have been alive. Well, actually they always have. haha. But that isn't always the case now days. But 35 years.......that is a LONG time. Jake, you wanna go for 35?

All is well in the Holee Realm.

No comments: