This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Oh Fl-oooohey!

Yep, guess what made it's rounds through the Holee realm. Stomach flu. Ooooohhhey as Ben says. I didn't have it near as bad as Benjamin or Mugsy(Yes, Mugsy got the flu too) and Jake had it minor. Poor Ben, waking up at 11pm throwing up, and you know that scares the CRAP out of them. They don't understand what is happening. For the most part we are better, back to work and daycare. So, I am amazed that Jonna didn't get it. You always hear how breast milk helps with immunity for babies. and this was a prime example. Knock on wood. It started at the house Saturday and she was still her chipper self this morning. She was even talking to herself cooing and ahhhing this early morning in her crib.

So, Ben has proceeded to tell us that he wants absolutely everything that appears on the tv commericals, from trucks to trains, to barbies, to babydolls for Christmas. NICE!

We put our Christmas tree up last weekend. And Benjamin was of great assistance as he hung ornaments. After probably a good 20 were dropped, not a one broke! Jonna has been eating cereal at night for about three weeks now, and it has helped in her sleeping routine. Now Ben,......um well, same old story another night. Ben still doesn't sleep a full night. We are just happy when he can make it from 830 to 230. Good news is he has gone four nights to bed in big boy underwear. Last night he had an accident, but all the others he awoke to tell us he had to go potty. Granted it helps when he likes to wake up anyways every few hours.
Ben says the most hilarious things, and I am just reminded why I love being a Mom so much. Like:
Ben: Mom, I want milk.
Me: What do you say?
Ben: (in smile) Please.
Me: Here you go.
Ben: Thanks Mom. (sip, sip) Luv you Mom.

Ben: Where did you go MOM?!
Me: In the room folding laundrey.
Ben: (runs in, and lays head on bed) Mom, I tired. I tired, Mom.
Me: You should probably just sleep more Ben.
Ben: Ya.


1/2 hour later
See conversation above, minus the laundrey.

1/2 hour later
See conversation above, now I am doing dishes.

1/2 hour later
See conversation above, we are eating dinner.

So, I ask myself. Why does he not sleep all night?

Jonna conversation-
Me: Hi Jonna Baby!
Jonna: Coooo!, smiles.
Ben: Hi Donna Babie! (in the sweetest little Boy voice you can imagine).
Ben: I hold Jonna (as he tries to pick her up from the swing) Ugh.... Donna, heavy. I not hold her.

Leads to my last point which I may have forgotten to write about before. Jonna is a whopping 18 lbs and is in the 75% height and 95th weight. I have big babies. What can I say.

No comments: