This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Thursday, July 9, 2009

One week from today!

I AM HAVING A BABY! We get to meet Jonna for the first time, and the anxiousness can not even be closely described.

Yesterday afternoon, I had a check up. Her Heart Rate was 134, and again, not one irregular beat during the full minute she listened! YES!! Dr. Dodson just laughed as she saw Jonna roll around in my belly. She likes to pop a foot or arm out on my sides from time to time and it does look quite interesting.

I am still dialated a 1 and 50% effaced. So, I am really thinking we will make it to next Thursday. I am still having Braxton Hicks daily and nightly, but nothing irregular. I notice as we get closer some can be a little painful. I get the ones, where they start in the back and then wrap around the front. I have gained one lb in a week. I blame it on the entire chipotle burrito I ate for my birthday day lunch at work! haha.

So, looking at my overall weightgain back to the beginning in November, I had started out at 118, where my normal weight is ususaly 121, but I had lost a few pounds before this pregnancy. So, really my goal will be to get back to 118. Yesterday I weighed in at 142. So, my overall gain has been 24lbs. Which the doctor thinks is great! I have heard it is harder to lose the second time, so we will see.

Anyways, all is well and we are pumped. My bag is packed! I think I need to buy a diaper bag, my humongo purse, just may not cut it. But otherwise, ready or not Jonna is here in a week! YAY!

No comments: