This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"The day after tomorrow"

As a child I remember using this phrase all the time. It was my way of saying how close an exciting event was going to be here. The easter bunny is coming the day after tomorrow. Santa Claus is coming the day after tomorrow. My birthday party is the day after tomorrow. I get to go on a trip or vacation the day after tomorrow. The weekend is the day after tomorrow. I get to see family or friends the day after tomorrow. I get to go swimming the day after tomorrow. I get to go Trick or Treating the day after tomorrow. The list goes on and on.

When I would use this phrase, I always knew that something exciting was going to happen and it really was just around the corner. It is the next best thing to "tomorrow." And I may be more excited today because I know I have more than 24 hours to get the tons of things I need to get done before the "day after tomorrow" for the arrival of Jonna. Tomorrow, I may be a little more nervous or anxious stressing about last minute things. I have already emailed a reminder list twice to Jake.

So, anyways, We are having our Baby Jonna the day after tomorrow!!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay! We are so excited! It was so good to see you yesterday, and even though you dont feel that great, you do look great! Get some rest while you can!

Lori O said...

Can't wait! Wish I could make it in town to meet her firsthand like we did with Ben. But hopefully in a few weeks! So excited for you.

Crystal Ann said...

YEAYAYA!! It's actually tomorrow by the time I got to comment :) Woot