This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Two Cute things that bring tears to Mom's eyes.

One: Ben has become quite a good little "Pray-er" We pray as a family at each mealtime, at church, and before bed. He has become accustomed to this and knows what "let's pray means" Last night, just gave me a little boost. We said, "Let's go to bed" he waddled right into his room, got down on both knees beside his big boy bed, and folded his hands together looking up at us. He kneeled the entire time, hands folded, until I finished saying our prayer. Then hugs and kisses both to Mom and Dad, and off to bed. I am just so darn proud of him! Hopefully, this remains a habit for years to come.

Two: Just when I think our rambunctious little boy may be just a little too wild, he does the cutest things. The other night, in a nightly routine, Jake was sitting in the bathroom watching Ben as he was playing in the bathtub. I had gone into the bathroom to give Jake a big hug and a kiss, just because, and Ben was watching. He stood up and said something reaching his arms out to me. Since I can't always understand what he says, I assumed he wanted to get out of the tub. Nope, not it at all, He wanted a hug from Mom, just like Dad got. So I hugged him, he squeezed me, smiled, and proceeded to sit back in the tub to play. I may be jumpin the gun, but I think it may have even teared dear old Dad up for a sec.

This is why I wouldn't change being a mother for anything in the world.

No comments: