This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Monday, August 4, 2008

Lots of New stuff!

Anyone that has purchased a "new" car, cannot deny that they enjoy getting in the front seat to drive the puppy. We bought an 08 Saturn Astra. It's a sporty little station wagon, and I couldn't be any happier with our purchase. It gets great gas mileage, and lucky enough we got a deal we couldn't pass by on. So low and behold, Mama is enjoying the new wheels. As Benjamin is also, with tinted windows and an awesome huge sunroof he can look out and enjoy. The night driving will be neat cuz he can look out at the stars. Jake is ecstatic he is driving the accord now, for the fact it has four doors, and it was quite the pain in the butt to get Ben in and out of his carseat in the two door civic.

Any how besides that. Ben has also learned quite a bit of new stuff. He says Mom and Mama much more often. Though, he is still saying dududududuh-daddadadah the majority. He also has said Tay-tay, for his Cousin Taylor who goes to daycare with him. I think he says "dog" also for Mugsy. He points at everything, and is alwasy acting so intrigued.

The most exciting things he's picked up on recently is the sign language he has been using for words. He signs "please", "more", and "all done." "Please" is by far the cutest thing ever. I believe it involves taking one hand and rubbing his chest, but he takes both hands and practically crosses them on his chest and rubbs. We are working on "milk," but he definitly knows what it means when I say it. He runs into the kitchen toward the fridge. He also knows when I say, "you want to eat?" cuz he runs toward the high chair.
It is really amazing to watch him understand and learn so much so quickly. He has become a sponge and catches on to so much.

Benjamin is still a big ham. When he does something or wants to be noticed while he is working/walking on something, or doing something new, he throws his shoulders back and in the air and kind of shrugs, like, "No bd, ya, I know I am cool." I have to laugh because I really don't know where he learned it.

We have found that Ben is much more likely to go to a male verses a female when Mama is around. He is quite a Mama's boy for the most part. If I am there, he is in my arms or following me from behind. But in church Sunday, he just kept going back and forth from me to Papa. I am pretty sure Papa K thought he was pretty cool, and he even walked up for his blessing at communion with him.

We went to a couple birthday parties on Saturday. Sydney Muenks turned 1, and Logan Kliethermes turned 2. Great fun with friends and of course, great food! Then we hung out with Grandma and Papa K on Sunday. Very busy weekend, but we had lots of fun.

So, on Wednesday Jake and I head to Six Flags. I haven't been there since I was a teenager, so I am thinking large quantities of Ibuprofen and lots of water are going to be a must. We look forward to our amusement park date while Ben will be hanging out at daycare!

No comments: