
All of us together at a BBQ sunday. With's our added additions: Al's boy M, and of cours Benjamin had to be included!
Jake and I enjoying the night out while little sis is babysitting!
Dang, Jake you look good in this pic! Grrrr!
Two of my favorite girls in the worlds, V and Stef!
Well, actually I didn't make it to the reunion on Saturday, but I wasn't really that serious about going. The people I really wanted to see I got to hang out with on Friday night. We'll just call them Al, Stef, and V.
See above the "crew". We mostly hung out with a lot of the people in the class above us, and each other. We weren't ones to really care about what others thought, so we'll just say we were pretty care-free. High school was some of the best times in my life. #1 There was a lot less responsibility to handle verses where Jake and I are today. And for the most part I got along with everyone, but hung out majority with my clan. It's always fun to see familiar faces too. Well, about us- V lives in Key West, Florida, selling Real Estate and managing her fiance's Chiropractic office. Stef is a nurse at Cardinal Glennon Hospital in St. Louis, and Al and her family live close to home going to school for her Business degree. It's amazing how when you are good friends with someone, and even though you haven't hung out for years, you don't even miss a beat. We had some great fun, and I look forward to seeing them more. I would love to make it to V's wedding in November, but it might be above our budget right now. Honestly, each one of us is truly different. Not a lot in common except that we are friends. That is probably what made us the coolest gals ever! Anyways, hopefully there will be more to write about them later.
So- Highschool! Mom and Dad put each of us through private school. Elementary was easy being that Dad was the principal, I think we got a pretty good discount. Actually, Katie is in private high school now, and Charlie will be going in about five more years. You may ask how the heck they were able to afford that years ago. Believe it or not we received some grants for the high school. But a lot of the tuition we had to work for. We cleaned classrooms every night after school. If you didn't do a good enough job(to that teacher's liking) the admin approached you about it. My brothers and Dad cut the grass of the school grounds each year through spring, summer, and fall. And one joyous summer after my sophomore year, I worked cleaning the school from 7am-3:30 pm every day for the month of June and July. (BLAGHHHH! Picture face of disgust as I remember the job) My duties entailed scrubbing floors, tiles, toilets, and urinals. Scraping gum and other nasty stuff that may fly out of male teenagers mouth, off desks and lockers. By far the worst summer experience I ever had as a teenager. Believe me, I let my parents know I hated it each and every morning. I begged them for public school! Nope, not gonna happen, and low and behold I got a solid, great education out of it. I only appreciated this when I went to college. College was a cake walk compared to high school! At least my business degree, the years in nursing school was another story.
1 comment:
Maria, I love your history. That is pretty neat that you guys were all able to go to private school! And you have such a great work ethic now!! I bet you can clean urinals like nobody's business ... ;) You and Jake look great in those pics!
Post a Comment