This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Friday, July 25, 2008

Why?

So, the question is why do I write about everything now, especially in a blog. There are several reasons. I have been throwing it around for several months now, since one of my friend's started her own blog. I read hers religiously and a few others that she has pointed me too. I love reading the stories of everyday people. I also believe in writing down your memories and journaling. Journaling has been one of my most stress relieving things in my life. You would think I would do it more. I would write off and on as a child and teenager, my every day thoughts. Oh, the juicy emotional one's were about my highschool dating experiences, and guys I thought I couldn't live without. That is a whole other blog there. Those experiences were not the life molding ones. Now, there were a few I will talk about, but that was in early adulthood.

Writing down, recording, and taking pictures, has been one of my hobbies/goals since two miracles came into my life, one being my husband, and the other being my baby. You will get to hear about them all of the time....so much you might be thinking "Enough already!"

I have been very good since my pregnancy to start a babysite and totsite about our son. I felt now is the time to indulge into a "life" site because even though my child and husband make up an enormous amount of my life, there is so much more to write about. I have included them and family, friends into the previous totsite, but I am ready for an "add-on."

What better way to share your life with people than through writing though. You can draw your own picture for people to understand. A picture can say 1000 words, but those thousand words could be so different from one perspective to the next.

One major goal of writing this, is also that one day my grandchildren and children will know me just as if I was sitting right there talking to them, long after I am gone.

At this point I may explode with all the memories flooding through my head, but I will do my best to take it slow, and explain as much as possible. This isn't a race as my "competitive side" tries to take over. So enjoy.

No comments: