
I have decided so my Blog continues to stay up to date with everyday things I will go back and forth on history lessons of my family and current daily adventures.
See, the most recent, being in June of this year of Jake and I on our last night in Los Cabos, Mexico.
So, yesterday was my birthday, the big 28. Even though, it was one of the calmest one's ever it was also one of the most memorable. Our one year old, Benjamin, has been going through a phase of not really wanting to sleep the whole night through. Hubby, being a fireman, and working 24 hours shifts isn't always there to enjoy the nightly parties. The parties with Ben can be quite tiring when I have to go to work the next day. Yesterday morning, being one of those mornings, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. In the last four days, I had only seen hubby for a couple hours on Saturday. He decided to meet me at work yesterday morning with a birthday card. Inside the card there was a CD. This by far is the best gift, I have ever received! It was made up of pictures and video clips of our lives together back to when we were dating four years ago, through Benjamin's first birthday, three weeks ago on the 6th of July. Inserted were clips of my interview right before the C-section, Benjamin's birth, Ben's first steps, and Ben's Birthday. It was choreographed(spelling?) with my favorite songs. I cried, I laughed, cried some more, and then laughed some more. How thoughtful! Honestly, I didn't know Jake had it in him.
For any married women, you would understand, that as the years go by, a man may not be quite as romantic as he was when you first started dating, and the newness is still there. Throw a child into the mix, and that has an affect on it too.
Anyhoo, on my 28th birthday, I was taken out to lunch by my bestfriend, and ate myself silly. I took off work an hour early, and went home to take a nap. I woke up to a dinner of one of my favorites(Sausage, Biscuits, and Gravy) that Jake had made. After Ben and I were finishing up, Jake runs out of the kitchen and comes back a couple minutes later with a cake and candles, singing Happy Birthday. While I was taking a nap, apparently Jake and Ben were baking a cake. Chocolate on Chocolate, just the way I like it. Ben's a pretty big fan of cake too.
I slept all night and Jake woke up with Ben at his 3am ritual. We are really going to have to stick to our guns and work on this by letting him cry it out.
Anyways, I had a pretty darn good birthday.
So, yesterday was my birthday, the big 28. Even though, it was one of the calmest one's ever it was also one of the most memorable. Our one year old, Benjamin, has been going through a phase of not really wanting to sleep the whole night through. Hubby, being a fireman, and working 24 hours shifts isn't always there to enjoy the nightly parties. The parties with Ben can be quite tiring when I have to go to work the next day. Yesterday morning, being one of those mornings, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. In the last four days, I had only seen hubby for a couple hours on Saturday. He decided to meet me at work yesterday morning with a birthday card. Inside the card there was a CD. This by far is the best gift, I have ever received! It was made up of pictures and video clips of our lives together back to when we were dating four years ago, through Benjamin's first birthday, three weeks ago on the 6th of July. Inserted were clips of my interview right before the C-section, Benjamin's birth, Ben's first steps, and Ben's Birthday. It was choreographed(spelling?) with my favorite songs. I cried, I laughed, cried some more, and then laughed some more. How thoughtful! Honestly, I didn't know Jake had it in him.
For any married women, you would understand, that as the years go by, a man may not be quite as romantic as he was when you first started dating, and the newness is still there. Throw a child into the mix, and that has an affect on it too.
Anyhoo, on my 28th birthday, I was taken out to lunch by my bestfriend, and ate myself silly. I took off work an hour early, and went home to take a nap. I woke up to a dinner of one of my favorites(Sausage, Biscuits, and Gravy) that Jake had made. After Ben and I were finishing up, Jake runs out of the kitchen and comes back a couple minutes later with a cake and candles, singing Happy Birthday. While I was taking a nap, apparently Jake and Ben were baking a cake. Chocolate on Chocolate, just the way I like it. Ben's a pretty big fan of cake too.
I slept all night and Jake woke up with Ben at his 3am ritual. We are really going to have to stick to our guns and work on this by letting him cry it out.
Anyways, I had a pretty darn good birthday.
1 comment:
That might be the sweetest birthday ever! I am totally jealous!
Post a Comment